On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Martin Aspeli
<optilude+li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> Why would you need to have the event on the request, if all you want
>> is to set headers? Why not make it an event with the response as the
>> argument instead?
> Mainly because that's what all the other IPub* events carry with them.
> We discovered this omission implementing plone.caching, which only needs
> the response, but it's not all that unlikely that something else may
> need the request.

At the point where you start out writing the actual response
byte-stream, I think it's too late to do anything useful with the

But consistency is good, so maybe the different nature of the event
could be reflected in the event name more clearly.

> Of course, "something else" could do the same getSite() trick if needed,
> or use five.globalrequest.

Yes, please. Unless there's a real need for such a hack, I'd rather
not see it in Zope2.