Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 18:24, Lennart Regebro<rege...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 15:53, Tres Seaver<tsea...@palladion.com>  wrote:
>>> As you can see from the diffs, I gut sidetracked writing tests for
>>> HTTPResponse, since I needed to make changes to it to do the WSGI fix,
>>> and it was effectively untested.
>> Very cool!
> I vaguely seem to remember that I discovered that it in practice was
> single-threaded, which of course is a disaster.

Eeek. Any idea how that happened? Presumably, thread control in a WSGI
scenario would be up to the WSGI web server, not Zope 2.

> Also there was no streaming support

I implemented IStreamIterator support in repoze.zope2; it's actually
pretty easy, since a stream iterator is an iterable, just like a WSGI
response. I think you can just chuck it back. The only thing to watch
out for is that you don't accidentally unwind it anywhere.

>, and the configuration assumed
> that the WSGI server you were using was Twisted, but that is probably
> one of the least tricky things to fix. In fact the whole point at that
> times was to be able to use Twisted, and WSGI was only one way there.
> This obviously has changed, now WSGI is the goal.

I think testing with the Paste server is probably the best idea.