On Apr 7, 2010, at 1:33 PM, David Glick wrote:
> I also need to make some updates to make zc.authorizedotnet work with
> Python 2.6, as it currently depends (via zc.ssl) on ssl-for-setuptools, which
> is a backport of the ssl module that ships with Python 2.6.

You will not need to make those updates.  I already did.  :-)
I have the changes ready for commit and will do that very soon.
However, zc.authorizedotnet *must* continue working with Python 2.4.

> Having heard no further response, I will proceed by forking the packages I
> need to modify and releasing them in the z3c namespace -- but please contact
> me if we can avoid that.

Yes we can.  As explained above, I'll commit the changes.

I'm sorry for not replying immediately, but I've been *very* busy and since the
thread referred to in the initial message is over two years old I didn't think
this was so urgent.

So, please have a little patience, I'll commit all the necessary changes that
make zc.authorizedotnet, zc.ssl, and zc.creditcard Python2.4 to 2.6 compliant.

Regarding the interest in the other protocol for Authorize.Net recurring
payments,  I think it could be a small package itself.
It's a feature/protocol independent of the zc.authorizedotnet and can be seen
as an additional functionality.

Best regards,