On 04/08/2010 03:12 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Christian Theune<c...@gocept.com>  wrote:
On 04/07/2010 05:14 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 4/7/10 17:08 , Tres Seaver wrote:

I'm seeing frequent periods of 50+% packet loss to the machine, and
can't even get top to run on it this morning.  Any clues about what is
causing the load?

I haven't watched it because I don't know when Theuni has set that
particular cron job, but I bet the whole repository policy checker is
causing a lot of load.

The checker runs at 2:15 CE(ST) for about 90 minutes. However, the
script only loads recent revisions and does the working copy checkouts
step by step instead of a large run, so I don't think it is aggressive
enough to cause troubles. (Can't be sure of course.)

Is it running against the main repo? or a mirror?

Its running against the main repo - we currently don't have a mirror around, but I'll have one again in the next weeks so if it should be an issue I can relocate that in the future.

Christian Theune · c...@gocept.com