Hi there,

Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> I've seen lots of checkins recently stating "Comply with repository policy".
>
> I haven't seen any announcement of a new official repository policy.
> Have I missed it?

Tres explained that very well, I think. I also did some
comply-with-repos-policy checkins based on zope.repositorypolicy
complaints and stumbled about one point:

z.repositorypolicy requires to set the `author` field in setup.py to
read ``Zope Foundation and Contributors``. While this is possibly a
valid value for that field, I wonder why you cannot also set individual
authors or groups of them. The problem:

- Is the Zope Foundation really the author of the works checked in (in
  the juridical sense) or shouldn't we make a difference between an
  author (like "Mark Twain") and a copyright holder (like the "Mark
  Twain Foundation") stated in COPYRIGHT.txt?

- Sometimes it is simply handy to know whom to ask directly when some
  problem occurs with a package. Yes, one can lookup the SVN history,
  but it's often much quicker to simply look in setup.py or on PyPI.

Just curious,

--
Uli