I propose to split zope.app.preference into two separate packages:
- zope.preference -- which contains the ZMI independent stuff,
- zope.app.preference -- which contains the ZMI stuff and depends on

By ZMI stuff I mean the views and page templates which depend on ZMI to be
As there are no tests for these views I'll write some testbrowser tests first.

Later on there might be a package z3c.preference which integrates
zope.preference using z3c.pagelet.

Risks: I do not see any.

Any objections, hints, …?

Yours sincerely,