Hi Lennart,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Jonathan Ballet
<jonathan.bal...@securactive.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, I made a branch of zope.testing that doesn't include the
>> testrunner. That was easy peasy.
>> http://svn.zope.org/zope.testing/branches/regebro-notestrunner/
>> And I made a zope.testrunner:
>> http://svn.zope.org/zope.testrunner/trunk
>> That was pretty easy too. Except one thing: The shuffle feature
>> shuffles things differently in zope.testrunner compared to in
>> zope.testing.testrunner, which seems to be because it finds the layers
>> in a different order.

I took some time to look at this yesterday, and it seems you were
right: the order should have changed since the layers now have a
different name.

I can't speak for other people who are using the feature, but this
will not affect us very much. We use the shuffle seed feature for two

 * we want to reproduce on a developer computer a test run which has
failed on the Buildbot;
 * while reviewing someone's code, if tests are failing on a computer
but not on another, we want to provide a way for tests to fail the
same way on both computers, by "pinning" the order.

Both cases have a short life time (we don't need to reproduce a
particular order from X months ago), so this change is OK for us.