I've been working on zope.tetsing lately. The main impetus behind this
is Python 3 compatibility, but also general cleanup. This work was
discussed on #zope bu Jim Fulton, Stephan Richter,  Charlie Clark and
me. The conclusion was to release a backwards incompatible
zope.testing 4.0.0.

The backwards incompatibility is the following:

1. zope.testing.testrunner is now in it's own module, zope.testrunner.
I will add a deprecation warning to trunk first, and we'll have to
release a new zope.testing 3.x version, then 4.0.0 can be merged.
2. zope.testing.doctest will be dropped. There is already a
deprecation warning about this.

zope.testing 4.0.0 will support Python 3.

Questions? :)

Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting: http://python-incompatibility.googlecode.com/
+33 661 58 14 64