Hello Tres,

TS> Stephan Richter wrote:
>>> Since normally we don't pin versions in trunk, I guess we need to
>>> do the pinning in maintenance branches.  Otherwise we can
>>> keep the version pinning in trunk, but comment the "versions" option.
>>> Then, just before going for release, uncomment it.
>>> This will become one more step in creating releases:
>>> http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/releasing-software.html
>> Why not leave it always pinned? This way the pinning gets transferred to the
>> branch/tag automatically.

TS> - -1.  Trunk development should not be hindered by the need to maintain a
TS> KGS of some sort.  Testing the trunk against a given KGS should be a
TS> separate step from testing against "current" releases.

You could "extends=" some sort of KGS, then override some versions

It's just crazy that you buildout friday, test, all tests pass.
You buildout monday, test, failures... because some versions moved.

Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agros...@gmail.com
Quote of the day:
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary, "patriotism" is defined as the last resort
of the scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior
lexicographer I beg to submit that it is the first.  -  Ambrose Bierce