I've been slacking and forgot to post the summary of the first ZTK
release team meeting.
Here it is. I'll put it into SVN into the ztk-docs area as well.
ZTK meeting - 2010-05-06
ccomb, j-w, hannosch
- No fixed agenda, this is a kick-off meeting.
- We'll use the zope-dev mailing list for our discussions and no separate list
- We see ourselves as representatives of communities that make use of the ZTK
- We should ensure stable releases of the ZTK, which are useful to our projects
not more and not less
- Should produce a http://download.zope.org/ztk/release/1.1 with a ztk.cfg in
it and a the zopeapp.cfg (for as long as it exists) in it.
- Nice to have: an index (for easy_install people)
- Should have some documentation site stating changes
- At first manual releases (x.y.Z), automate the process to generate the bugfix
releases later. We need to make sure to release only versions sets for which
all tests passed.
- ztk x.y.z. releases, stable package list per release
- a ztk minor release per month would be ok
- a ztk major release "when one of the consumers projects needs it".
- backward compatibility breaking only happens in X.y.z that means, if we have
a zope.component 4.0.0, it will be part of ZTK 2.0 or 3.0
- generally upstream releases happen in a 6-12 month interval, so the same
timeline makes sense for ZTK releases
- We want 64bit Linux and Windows tests for the ZTK. j-w is bugging janjaap to
create those. Maybe contact ccomb for adding slaves to "afpy" [j-w]
- Make sure we have a buildbot testing the ZTK releases (and not SVN) [ccomb]
- Look at Tres's list of packages in all three frameworks, decide on a way to
drop things from the initial ZTK set and on a process for the future.
- Look at and update http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/about/coreextra.html for
adding/removing policies, probably have a deprecated.cfg file
- Decide on process for new feature versions and the process for going from
1.1.0 alpha to a final
2010-05-18, 14:00 to 15:00 UTC before the zope-dev meeting, in #zope
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -