On 06/03/2010 04:12 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

>>> How do you deal with packages that have broken tests due to broken
>>> dependencies?
>>
>> I had z3c.recipe.paster with failing tests. These failed both before and
>> after the copyright-fix. So, assumed I could go ahead with the copyright
>> fix itself.
>>
>> I do want to help out on the important copyright fixing, but I do not
>> have the time right now to also fix each of the packages that I come across.
>>
>> Maybe we could/should make note of the broken packages somewhere.
>
> Perhaps if the package's tests are broken before the cleanup, we should
> leave the cleanup un-done.  We defeinitely want to isolate the
> "abandoned" projects into a separate list, so leaving them in the
> nightly nag-mail list helps keep them on the radar for that.

Hmm. With the goal of getting the copyright attributions up do date as
soon as possible, I think running the tests is a good sanity check. If
the same (amount of) tests fail after the fix as before, then I'd go ahead.

I agree we should track abandoned projects, though, but I'd separate
that issue from the (C) update. This needs to get to a point where we
can talk about the whole repository and say "it's been updated".

Christian

--
Christian Theune · c...@gocept.com