On 8 June 2010 09:45, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
> What is this attribute actually used for?
> I see it present on IDataManager but I notice that zope.sqlalchemy's
> SessionDataManager doesn't have this attribute, with no apparent ill effect.

    transaction_manager = zope.interface.Attribute(
        """The transaction manager (TM) used by this data manager.

        This is a public attribute, intended for read-only use.  The value
        is an instance of ITransactionManager, typically set by the data
        manager's constructor.

This seems to be used only in the tests, I guess it would be useful if
you were using multiple transaction managers in a single thread. I've
now added it to zope.sqlalchemy's data manager.