On Thursday, June 10, 2010, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Doing so a in minor release looks bad to me. The release should be a
> clear 2.0 and since it depends on a non-final version itself, it
> should probably be a beta release on its own.

We are not really changing the API in a BBB incompatible way. We simply
code around. We did that all the time and never increased the major version
> I think rereleasing zc.recipe.testrunner without the zope.testrunner
> dependency as a 1.3.1 would be in order. And then releasing the
> current 1.3.0 code as a new 2.0b1.

I think that would be a bit harsh and not fix the Zope 2 problem, if no
versions are pinned, since even 2.0b1 will be picked up as latest.

Entrepreneur and Software Geek
Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"