Hi.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Jonas Meurer <jo...@freesources.org> wrote:
> first, thanks for clarifying. did i get you right, that for the future,
> monolithic source releases of zope2 are planned again once the dust has
> settled?

No. There is currently no monolithic released planned at all.

Only if someone does all the work of automating such a release, engage
with the community to discuss the approach and is willing to adjust to
community feedback, only then I as the release manager might make
those steps part of the release process. I'm not aware of anyone who
has shown even remote interest in this task.

> and second, does documentation exist which explains how to craft a
> monolithic tarball with zc.sourcerelease in order to build zope2.12
> without network access? i still didn't get the picture regarding
> buildout, and thus don't understand zc.sourcerelease either :-/

I'm not aware of any specific documentation. www.buildout.org and the
distutils-sig mailing list [1] would be the appropriate places to
look.

Hanno