Am 26.06.2010, 18:24 Uhr, schrieb Hanno Schlichting <>:

> In short Zope 2 never supported the permission attribute on ZCML
> browser:view declarations. It seems some people might have specified
> this attribute and assumed it would do something.

I'm not sure about this affects only views. I have just checked a Zope
2.10 based site (with CMF) where pages are protected. They work as
expected. More recent Zope 2.12 sites do not apply the same protection.

For an example try /members_manage_form on a Zope 2.12.4 + CMF 2.1 site.
ie. the error may not be in the way declarations are handled but in the
exception handling.

Charlie Clark
Managing Director
Clark Consulting & Research