On 07/05/2010 08:56 PM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Martijn Faassen<faas...@startifact.com>
> wrote:
>> (But hurry.resource is not perfect; I think it'd be better to step out
>> of Python land and create a Javascript packaging system somewhat modeled
>> on Python's, with easy integration into Python projects. A sprint task?)
> YUI 3's loader comes to mind (as its the one I have most experience with).

I've used YUI 2's loader (and hurry.resource was inspired by it). I
don't know YUI 3's loader so I should take a look at it. (It strikes me
that whatever its technical merits, a javascript packaging system will
have to appear neutral politically and YUI's loader won't do that. The
YUI 3 loader is connected to the YUI global object?)

Anyway, YUI's loader only solves part of the problem - at least the YUI
2 loader doesn't feature a packaging system, just a loading system. I
want the ease of saying: "my project depends on YUI version blah" and
having YUI version blah being there, just like I can do for a Python
package. Such a package should include a dependency map of the included
resources as well, not just the code.