On 07/05/2010 09:32 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Sidnei da Silva
> <sidnei.da.si...@canonical.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Martijn Faassen<faas...@startifact.com>
>> wrote:
>>> (But hurry.resource is not perfect; I think it'd be better to step out
>>> of Python land and create a Javascript packaging system somewhat modeled
>>> on Python's, with easy integration into Python projects. A sprint task?)
>> YUI 3's loader comes to mind (as its the one I have most experience with).
> Ditto for dojo. :)

All javascript libraries grow their own packaging systems... I'd be nice
if they were all compatible with a more neutral version.

Some consolidation would be nice, plus bridging all of that to the
Python packaging world.

I'd envision a JSON-based metadata system that include intra and inter
package dependencies between resources, a way to wrap these packages, a
package host along the lines of PyPI, and integration with the Python
packaging system. And then wrap all these javascript libraries up and
upload them to the package index. The wrapping up can be fairly
straightforward (YUI contains a dependency graph), or need analysis.