On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Leonardo Rochael Almeida
<leoroch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The attached patch adds such a warning, and also reveals where Zope2
> commits the same sins. If there are no objections I'll commit it to
> 2.12 and trunk.

Thanks for committing it.

> Finally, I'd like to ask that, when major changes land in a stable
> series (like the spinning off of a whole package), that we allow at
> least a week or two to pass before making a release, so people who
> have test runners for their apps running against a stable repository
> branch have time to adapt to the changes

That sounds reasonable. I just wasn't aware that anyone except CMF
actually tracks Zope 2 SVN and there would be any point in waiting at
all. Unless the nightly CMF builds reported problems, I considered the
code to be stable and ready for release.

But to avoid any such issues, I'll restrain myself from doing any
further feature changes to Zope 2.12. 2.13 is closing in fast enough
and there's always a 2.14.