I'd like to put down some effort this week during the EuroPython
sprint to go forward with zope.testing for Python 3. zope.testing
3.9.5 is already deprecating zope.testing.testrunner, but I need to
remove it so that I can port zope.testing to Python 3 without going
mad. (zope.testrunner runs on Python 3 already, although installing it
fails, because it tries to install zope.testing 3.9.5.)

The questions are (some have been discussed before, but I don't
remember the outcome):

1. Should there be BBB imports of zope.testrunner into zope.testing?
We can do that to get a longer deprecation period, a couple of months
isn't very long).

2. Should I release the testrunner-free version before I port to
Python 3, or should we do both at once?Doing both at once of course
risks more problems than one at a time. On the other hand we might
want all changes at once to lessen annoyance.

3. It should be zope.testing 4.0.0, right?

Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting: http://python3porting.com/
+33 661 58 14 64