On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Christopher Warner
<cwar...@kernelcode.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately in the above specific case I'm building against a standalone
> Plone instance which ships only with a static lib version of Python 2.6. So
> this doesn't work. This became an issue with Plone 4.0b5 as this is the
> first version to include Zope 2.12.7 egg. The 2.12.6 egg has the correct
> arch.
> The only remedy I can readily see is that however cAccessControl.so is built
> needs to be built specifically for the i386 arch and stuffed into the egg.

Where are you getting a Zope2 egg from? We only publish a Zope2 source
release, which you will need to compile yourself for *nix platforms.
We only provide binary eggs for Windows, which come in both a 32bit
and 64bit flavor.

I'm guessing you are hitting a problem in the Plone unified installer.
The correct place to report that is at http://dev.plone.org/plone/.

Hanno