On Monday, August 02, 2010, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, I'll try that. Can you give me a sample package
> where the long description is supposed to be the main documentation? And
> what's the output from that? If it's ReST I'd have to find a way to
> convert it to HTML on the fly... <sigh>

zope.security (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zope.security)

Once you have docutils installed, you can do:

py26 setup.py --long-description | rst2html

rst2html have many options that allow you to modify the style, including the
ability to specify a stylesheet.

Entrepreneur and Software Geek
Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"