Hi.

All members of the ZTK release team are back from vacation and we had
our first meeting after the summer break today. The meeting notes will
show up in the next days at the usual place.

As a result we have finished our last self imposed task before a 1.0
release and deprecated a number of packages from the ZTK definition.
They are still going to be included in the 1.0 release, but will be
dropped from 1.1. You can see the list at
http://svn.zope.org/zopetoolkit/trunk/ in the ztk.cfg and zopeapp.cfg
files. The packages are noted in the "deprecating" list. We deprecated
things based on their actual usage in the three frameworks, but have
been conservative about deprecation of zope.* packages.

Before we can do a beta release, we will need to clean out all the ZTK
related test failures we currently see in the nightly builds.
Jan-Wijbrand is going to take a look at the Windows issues and try to
compile a list of them.

We need your help with fixing all of them!

At this point both the BlueBream 1.0 and Zope 2.13.0 releases are
blocked by this.

There's a bug day coming up this Thursday. If anyone could devote some
time to make some progress on those test failures, it would allow all
of us to move forward.

Cheers,
Hanno