On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 08:49:39AM +0800, Tim Hoffman wrote:

> > Please note that DTML is a dead (and horrid) technology.
> >
> > Martin
> >
> But zpt is horrible for doing non html/xml based things ;-), What do you
> think is good alternative in the zope eco system now
> for templating other types of things (sql, python ...) ?

I would use a templating system for things that are easy to template
(html/xml) and where more complex logic can be offloaded to a real
programming language like python (as zpt does).

Using a templating system for a programming language is I think a
different programming paradigm than zope's component architecture and
contrary to code reusage. With code generators like ArchGenXML or agx
you are able to create models for your software on a more abstract level
than based on templating, so I would not use templating but model-based
code generation instead.

Florian Friesdorf <f...@chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: EA5C F2B4 FBBB BA65 3DCD  E8ED 82A1 6522 4A1F 4367
Jabber/XMPP: f...@chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC