Am 22.09.2010, 10:24 Uhr, schrieb Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>:

> I'd call having the odd '?' shown in pages and a warning in your logs
> telling you about the problem in clear terms versus sporadic total
> failures by way of unicode exceptions a lot more usable, rather than the
> current situation, which is conceptually insane *and* unusable

Next Wednesday is bug day - a good chance for a concerted operation on
this. Chris, your description that the current implementation contravenes
interface specification means that it is a bug. But no change should
simply break existing applications. Can we come up with some tests (ZODB
data and presumably client encodings) and a workaround to enable the
fudge? I don't know how much non-ASCII you have but the "odd ?" might turn
out to be quite a lot for some people.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark