On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 00:54, Marius Gedminas <mar...@gedmin.as> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 04:33:35PM +0200, Adam GROSZER wrote:
>> Hello Patrick,
>>   Could you nag the buildbot maintainers to add an "svn info" step for
>>   their bots?
>>   The issue is that you can get the svn URL only from the bot config,
>>   which is not always available.
> Patrick asked me a while ago to switch to using mode='clobber', which
> means the initial checkout step always does an rm -rf followed by an svn
> checkout with the full URL.

Yes, but some rightfully objected that creates lots of traffic. I
think it would be nice if everybody
sweeps their slaves contents once in a while, like weekly.
I also really like the svn info step.
I have seen ccomb has something a bit more advanced, but I have to
check that again.
Apart from that, I think it was your idea, that everybody should try
to trigger their buildbots at the same time, like midnight GMT. That
sounds also good.

Next week I will go through the current buildbot list and collect some
more information, and contact each one individually. This week I won't
find the time.

Best regards,