On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:05:03AM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> On 09/26/2010 07:58 AM, Zope Tests Summarizer wrote:
> > Subject: FAILED : Zope Buildbot / ztk slave-ubuntu64
> > From: jdriessen at thehealthagency.com
> > Date: Sat Sep 25 09:57:03 EDT 2010
> This failure is due to 'test-ztk' timing out.  I'm willing to bet that
> the 'zope.testrunner' doctests which attempt to test use of pdb are to
> blame:  they cause the tests to hang on my machine, anyway.

I can reproduce that in r116884, but it appears to be fixed in the
latest revision (116919), which bumped zope.testing to 3.10.0.

> I would favor commenting out those tests, or even removing them
> altogether.  I don't think the "feature" is worth any price at all in
> terms of the overally ecosystem.

Being able to use pdb to debug doctests is occasionally valuable.

Marius Gedminas
Emacs can be like an autistic child, refusing to accept change but showing
more than a touch of genius in how it handles the familiar routine.
        -- Stephen J. Turnbull