On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Just finished upgrading a medium sized project from Zope 2.9 to 2.12.
> One part of that does a batch of static copies of a Zope-served site.
>
> I guess I was hoping for a bit of a speed up, so was slightly horrified
> to see the batch, which used to take 11hrs, now takes 13 hrs. This has
> been the same for 2 or 3 days since I did the upgrade so I don't think
> it's a freak occurrence.

Without actual profiling data it's hard to tell what time has
increased here. Most of the components in Zope have stayed the same.
Some of them like the ZODB have improved performance.

My only guess here is that you are calling a lot of page templates and
those have gotten slower. When we switched to Unicode based templates
in Zope 2.10, that move has of course cost some performance. Dealing
with Unicode instead of bytes is always slower.

If you want to improve rendering times and your analysis shows page
templates to be the problem, try Chameleon.

Hanno
_______________________________________________
Zope-Dev maillist  -  Zope-Dev@zope.org
https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev
**  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
 https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )

Reply via email to