On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Andreas Jung <li...@zopyx.com> wrote:
> sorry - wrong answer. This is a stupid misbehavior of setuptools
> or zc.buildout. The zc.buildout package are hosted on PyPI and PyPI
> was available. There is no reason for whatever component
> to connect to buildout.org and fail without taking PyPI into account.

Are you sure you used the latest distribute release? I hadn't had any
problem at all during that whole time.

It sounds like 0.6.13 should help here which includes:

Issue 163: scan index links before external links

In general distribute should behave better, as we have since 0.6.7:

Issue 21: Allow PackageIndex.open_url to gracefully handle all cases
of a httplib.HTTPException instead of just InvalidURL and

Which was the merge of jarn.setuptoolsfixer into the distribute
codebase. That package is obsolete for more than a year now.