Hello Christian,

Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 8:47:43 AM, you wrote:

CT> Hi,

CT> Zope 2 provides a command to ask it to re-open its log files thus
CT> supporting outside logrotation.

CT> We have a ZTK-based app and found that the server provides neither
CT> signal handling to rotate logs nor a zopectl command. Does anybody
CT> remember wether this was ever built?

CT> I see an old discussion on the Python list
CT> (http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-January/059566.html)
CT> but no conclusion.

CT> If this isn't in yet, does anybody know what the right place would be?
CT> (I guess the packages providing the main loops and configuring the
CT> process would be the right ones.)

I think ZTK should have a configurable log rotation built-in.
        path log.log
        formatter zope.exceptions.log.Formatter
        max-size 50MB
        old-files 5

Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agros...@gmail.com
Quote of the day:
Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without
destroying his roots.
- Frank A. Clark