On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Jim Fulton <j...@zope.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:

> A user wants to reuse a high-level component (aka package aka
> "project" in distutils
> jargon aka "product" in distutils jargon).  They want to customize
> the high-level component without hacking its code.

BTW, we work way to hard to satisfy the second part of this goal.
Yeah, somethings do want to be configurable.  But we make things
far more configurable than they need to be and we've paid a high
price in complexity.

The answer to this IMO isn't to make configuration easier, better,
more automatic, or implicit, or whatever.  (Let's just take the spoon
out of the glass. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton