On Monday, December 20, 2010, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> ve poked at this test failure a bit, and I suspect a bug in ReportLab.
> It appears that creating two documents that use PDF forms will clobber
> over a global object's -- reportlab.pdfbase.pdfform.GLOBALRESOURCES --
> __InternalName__ attribute during the creation of the first document,
> and that will prevent anyone from using AcroForm.format() on any other
> document in that process.
> The next step would be to make a smaller reproducible example and submit
> it to the ReportLab folks for consideration.
> I'm not familiar with z3c.rml nor with ReportLab's form code, so I'd
> appreciate if people who wrote the test could help with the smaller
> reproducible example.

That's not a bug, but a well-known issue with ReportLab. Once you generated
one document with ReportLab, you are not guaranteed a clean state, since
ReportLab uses module-global variables to keep track of state. This is the
reason, Roger implemented running the renderer in a sub-process and all the
tests are run twice.

Entrepreneur and Software Geek
Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"