Hi all,

I floated an idea in a blog entry recently (here:
http://blog.aclark.net/2011/01/19/new-website-for-2011/#todo) and I'm
wondering if it's an attainable goal, or just a pipe dream:

---
I want to add GenericSetup (GS) profiles outside Python packages (i.e.
in the buildout via ZCML). Currently GenericSetup expects to be passed a
context which is (I think) the old-style Zope 2 product object in the
ZODB. But I can’t think of a reason why GS couldn’t be made to work sans
that requirement (I’m just speculating though, I haven’t looked at the
code yet).
---

Should I bother checking out the Products.GenericSetup source code to
see if something like this is possible?

I really, really, really, don't want to create a Python package just so
I can save a couple settings in my (Plone) site.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net