The zope.lifecycleevent package provides a pile of events that are
generated in a lot of places.  The implementation contains a single
helper function, modified(), that appears to be intended for public
consumption (it's not referenced in the package).  However, it's not
mentioned in the documentation or interfaces, and I can't find any
references from other packages in my buildout egg cache (including 130
different zope.* packages, several versions of each).

I was thinking of adding corresponding functions for the other events,
but want to determine whether that function was really intended to be
used publicly before proceeding.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein