On 03/21/2011 10:17 AM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

>> - scanning can take a long time, making application (re)start slow for
>>      non-trivial projects
> At what point is an application not trivial anymore? In applications I
> build so far, startup time has not been an issue at all. But maybe my
> applications are still on the trivial-end of the spectrum ;)

In general we haven't really gotten much feedback about this being a
performance issue, as far as I know. The modules need to be imported at
some point anyway so we don't really add much overhead there, and
otherwise it's just going through the module's attributes, which I
imagine comes down to looping through a dictionary really and doing a
lot of isinstance and issubclass calls. That's going to be pretty fast.
It might even be faster than ZCML XML parsing, it's hard to say. :)