Hi,

is this the right place to ask stuff about fanstatic?

Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to have a proper look at
fanstatic (yet!), but I've just been reading about SASS and
CoffeeScript, which are preprocessors/compilers for CSS and
JavaScript. So I wondered whether it is within fanstatic's scope that
one could feasibly write a plugin to support something like this.
Something like, I drop a foo.coffee file somewhere and it would be run
through the CoffeeScript compiler, probably cached, and served to
clients as foo.js.

(This thought has been triggered by what Rails is doing right now[1]
which is powered by their equivalent resource manager[2].)

Wolfgang

[1]
http://www.rubyinside.com/rails-3-1-adopts-coffeescript-jquery-sass-and-controversy-4669.html
[2] https://github.com/sstephenson/sprockets