On 06/15/2011 07:19 PM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Subish K S <kssubish...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> We have 10+ Zope  (version 2.7) servers ( on different machines). Right now
>> each Zope server independently handles session management which means that
>> if a Zope server fails the users on that Zope server do not get redirected
>> to a functioning Zope server but get "stuck" on the failed Zope server.
>> Is there any way to manage the session of all the zopes servers in a common
>> place.
>
> If you have only a moderate number of sessions, you can store the
> session storage on the ZEO server. If you use buildout you'd do
> something like:
(snip configuration for that)

> The config is the same if you just put these straight into zope.conf
> and zeo.conf. Zope 2's built-in session machinery should handle a
> couple dozen sessions at a time. Once you go beyond that look at
> Beaker (via collective.beaker) and memcached as a backend.
>
> This does apply to the currently supported Zope 2 versions (2.12 &
> 2.13). I have no idea what of this works in the ancient 2.7.

It should work, but the problem lies in the "moderate" amount of users,
and the performance issues one may expect (notably read conflicts before
2.8, BTree conflicts before 2.10 or 2.11).
The original poster may also go as far as setting up a separate ZEO
server just for sessions, if that's worth the effort.

--
Georges Racinet, http://www.racinet.fr, http://anybox.fr
Zope/CPS & OpenERP expertise, assistance & development