On 07/05/2011 12:22 PM, Jonas Meurer wrote:

>> Since we don't market Zope2 anymore, I think there's actually much
>> less confusion from this than we'd fear. It's just an internal version
>> number used in some buildout files, not something that has any
>> particular meaning.
> I don't like either of these solutions. And I don't agree with Hanno,
> that it's 'just an internal version number'. It will show up on
> zope.org, launchpad.net, and many more places.
> I would rather bump the version number to 2.20 to highlight the major
> changes, and keep the 2 as major for Zope2 versions.

I agree calling it Zope 2 version 3 would be very confusing. There's a
lot of Zope 3 google juice around that would get muddled up even more.

Concerning not marketing Zope 2, heh, Zope and marketing strategies? I
thought we were going to call "Zope 2", "Zope" now, so people will
obviously be curious about this Zope thing... Never make any assumptions
about a coherent Zope marketing strategy! I'll also drop in a reference
to the existence of zope2.zope.org.