I spend a long time trying to understand why I could not override a
   component in ZCML and debug the error.

   First, includeOverrides doesn't include any overriding registration.
   At least not like you would expect. At best It can be used to include a
   in the site.zcml that would conflict with an another, replacing the
conflicting actions
   by his own.

   After I would love, when there is a conflict error in ZCML to have a bit more
   of information other than what we currently have: like which file include
which file
   and so up to the conflicting actions. As I pdb through this conflict, I see
   all this information is already there, it is just not included in the
exception nor
   displayed to the user.

   This information can be found in zope.configuration.config line 1517, in
   the variable includepath and basepath. This just need to be added to the

   Since I work with Zope and ZCML, having those informations to debug
   conflict errors would have saved me days of works, at least.

   My issue was that an another package was already including the package that
   actions I wanted to override, so even if I wanted to include it myself in
order to
   override its actions, it would not be included since it already have been

   Finally, I think a bit of documentation on ZCML conflict errors would help a

Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae
t +31 10 243 7051 -- http://infrae.com
Hoevestraat 10 3033GC Rotterdam -- The Netherlands