Hello Charlie,

Thanks for the reply.

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 13:56 +0200, Charlie Clark wrote:
> I think it's really difficult to work out what you are trying to do.
> Please state your problem more clearly. Are you still using zope.form
> or are you using z3c.form?

I am still using zope.formlib. I guess I found the root of the problem.
All the schema fields are security proxied I guess. Removing the
security proxy from those fields before accessing the field's inbuilt
methods solves the problem. So, my code now looks like this

        from zope.security.proxy import removeSecurityProxy
        sz = len(removeSecurityProxy(self.context.list_field))
        li = removeSecurityProxy(self.context.list_field)
        res = li[offset:limit]
I guess this is a cleaner approach.

Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited