On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 09:22 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> > - zope.testing (for addCleanUp of the global registry in
> >  z.c.globalregistry and other places)
> This particular detail should simply be cleaned up by
> moving these calls into tests module.

This is in zope.component.globalregistry at module scope:

    base = BaseGlobalComponents('base')

        from zope.testing.cleanup import addCleanUp
    except ImportError:
        addCleanUp(lambda: base.__init__('base'))
        del addCleanUp

I didn't see that the registration was conditional on the presence of
zope.testing last night, but if I understand the intent correctly, it's
to ensure that importing z.component at all will add a cleanup callback
to zope.testing such that z.testing.cleanUp() will wipe the global
registry state.  Lots of existing tests will break if this isn't done,
so I'm not sure that moving it into a place where it isn't executed as a
side effect is feasible?

- C