Hi,

how do we continue on this? Is someone willing to take a look at the code, especially the C module of zope.i18nmessageid? I adjusted it and the tests are passing, but I'm not an experienced C developer. Is it worth merging it to the SVN trunk or a new SVN branch? Any feedback is welcome ;)

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas Massmann wrote:
Hi,

I added the plural form support (see a corresponding ticket here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.i18n/+bug/161985) in a separate branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~thomas-massmann/zope.i18n/plural. This code
was mainly implemented during the 2012 Plonekonf in Munich.

It is already in "production" since 3 months in a project I'm developing
right now. Please note that zope.i18nmessageid needs to be taken from
this branch to work:
https://code.launchpad.net/~thomas-massmann/zope.i18nmessageid/plural.

Extracting plural messages is supported by xgettext by default. Zope
tools like i18nduder have to be adjusted (they don't support ungettext
right now). I already adjusted lingua by Wichert Akkerman
(https://github.com/tmassman/lingua) - the pull request is still open.

Cheers,
Thomas