Hi Tres,

On 2012-08-19 15:52:52 +0000, Tres Seaver said:

Hi,

On 2012-08-19 01:24:31 +0000, Lennart Regebro said:

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Tres Seaver
<tsea...@palladion.com> wrote:
Because the ability to check into svn.zope.org is based on a
"chain of custody" managed by the ZF (web account, verified e-mail
address, and SSH key).  J. Random Hacker's account on Github has
no such chain.

Sure, but Random J Hacker shouldn't have write permission to the
repository, so I don't understand why that makes a difference.

IANAL but from my perspective the legitimate issue here is that Domen
Ko?ar has not signed the Zope Contributor's Agreement, but Jim has
added him to the Buildout organization on GitHub and he has been
committing fixes. If I were the ZF, I would either:

- Make sure everyone in any ZF organizations on GitHub (e.g. buildout)
has signed the contributor agreement, or - Declare that nothing on
GitHub (or at least in the buildout organization) is a valid
contribution to "the work".

In either case, AFAICT zc.buildout development has stopped on
svn.zope.org and started on GitHub so let us let the commit stand to
reflect this real world circumstance.

Alex, please revert the commit removing the ZF's copy of the code in SVN.

I don't really feel comfortable doing that (for a variety of reasons). But if you or anyone else wants to do it, I won't object. Would you mind doing it for me, if you feel that strongly about it? Probably something like:

$ svn cp -r127509 svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/trunk svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/trunk

Thank you and sorry for the trouble,

Alex

Tres.
- --