On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Github: I don't know. I took the liberty of adding you to one of my
> repos as collaborator, but I didn't find any way to change your
> privileges so that you also could add collaborators, so someone else
> have to answer that more closely. (I removed you as a collaborator
> again, but just FYI: If anyone wants write access to my github repos
> you'll probably get it. :-) )

And I just realized that this test was completely pointless, as I was
testing on repositories, but what we are takling about is
"Organizations" like https://github.com/collective and
https://github.com/plone.
I'm 99% sure that Github fulfills the requirements here as well. I for
example, have write access to the repos in the Collective, I can
create new repos, but I do not have admin rights, showing that there
is separation between collaborators and admins, and that therefore
only Andreas and Christian could be made admins, fulfilling the
requirement here as well.

Hence I'm 99.8% sure that Github fulfills all the requirements, and
that we can move development of various parts to Github with no
problem.

The patch/merge problem exists as of today, with or without Github,
and needs to be fixed in any case. The Plone patch policy is one
option there.

//Lennart