We've just tagged the 1.0 NEO release.
NEO aims at being a replacement for use-cases where ZEO is used, but
with better scalability (by allowing data of a single database to be
distributed over several machines, and by removing database-level
locking), with failure resilience (by mirroring database content among
machines). Under the hood, it relies on simple features of SQL
databases (safe on-disk data structure, efficient memory usage,
- production-ready !
- asynchronous replication across clusters, for inter-datacenter
- there will be no further expensive data schema changes within the 1.x
branch as there were in 0.x branch
- replication performance is significantly increased
- general implementation performance improved
- several bugfixes
What you need to know if you are used to ZODB features:
- Blob API is not implemented yet.
- pack's GC phase will not be implemented in NEO, it relies on
zc.zodbdgc for this: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.zodbdgc
For more details, look at README and CHANGES included with the sources:
NEO is published on pypi as "neoppod":
ERP5 - open source ERP/CRM for flexible enterprises
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -