On 2012-10-05 08:47:25 +0000, johannes raggam said:

On 10/05/2012 10:39 AM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
On Oct 5, 2012, at 10:21 , johannes raggam <raggam...@adm.at>
wrote:
I placed a note in the description, that the github repository is
a unofficial mirror from svn.zope.org.

I think about cloning even more relevant repositories from
svn.zope.org, create a script to automatically sync it once per
day and move it over to github, maybe a organisation called

github.com/ZopeMirror

What do you think about this?

Hi Johannes,

The board has decided to allow GitHub hosting for Zope Foundation
projects at the last board meeting, the minutes are still in the
approval process. We are working on the implementation. Please
don't create anything that will confuse people looking for
canonical Zope Foundation repositories. There's no need to
duplicate an effort that is progressing already.

Thanks, this are good news.
There is some experience with moving the SVN repository from the Plone
community (http://collective.github.com/). Let me know if I can help here.

There is also:

- https://github.com/plone/svn-migrate

But if you are doing it by hand, it's roughly:

- Create authors.txt file (with mapping: svnuser = Git User <g...@user.org>)
- $ svn2git -v --no-minimize-url --authors=authors.txt svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/target_repo
- $ git remote add origin g...@github.com:ZopeCommunity/new_repo.git
- $ git push -u origin master    # track the remote repo locally
- $ git push --all    # push all the branches
- $ git push --tags    # push all the tags

Alex

Johannes

Thanks!

jens