On 12/19/2012 01:57 PM, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 01:37:04PM -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:
>>> What happens if they're not?  Segfault?
>> I think a little more graceful than that:  you get a "module
>> initialization error", or something.
> Yeah, just got this
> SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly
> when I checked out z3c.ptcompat, bootstrapped, buildouted, and ran
> bin/test.
> This is a bit unpleasant: I've zope.security 3.8.3 in my shared
> buildout eggs directory.  If I wipe it and reinstall, I'll get it
> built ABI-compatible with zope.proxy 4.1.0 and all my existing
> buildouts that used zope.security 3.8.3 with an older zope.proxy will
> stop working.
> If I don't wipe it, I can't create any new buildouts that pull in an
> unversioned dependency on zope.proxy.
> Ideas?

Ugh, that hurts.   I don't ever use the shared directory, so I missed
that possibility.

> Would it be possible to release zope.security 4.0.0 any time soonish?
> Then new buildouts would get new zope.proxy and new zope.security,
> while old buildouts would happily continue to use old ones.

I had hoped that the 4.0.0 marker would signal Py3k compatibilty, but
don't have gumption to finish that port today.  Maybe a 3.9.0 release,
made by branching from 3.8.3 and just bumping the zope.proxy dependency?

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)