On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:00:47AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> The project needs to be updated with a manifest that causes .txt files
> to be included in builds. (Look at zc.buildout for an example.) I
> planned to do this, but hadn't gotten to it yet.  I can probably do
> that this weekend.

I wrote a check_manifest.py script to help me maintain MANIFEST.in files:

It's currently incomplete (the presence of a setuptools plugin will
throw it off and make it assume your manifest is more complete than it
is), but quite usable already.  Best of all, it prints suggested include
lines I can copy and paste (because I can never remember the proper

> This is needed because persistent has moved to git and
> setuptools/distribute, **thankfully**, don't support git without a
> plugin. **Please**, no one fix this by adding the plugin, at least not
> for any projects I'm heavily involved it. I far prefer the explicit
> approach afforded by a lack of VCS integration.

Marius Gedminas
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development