On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 05:20:14PM -0500, Fred Drake wrote:
> At one point, we had a style guide that recommended simple "import
> <module>" import statements for Zope code:
>
>   http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZopePythonStyleGuide

That page only mentions 'from whatever import *' which everyone will
agree ought to be avoided.  It doesn't say anything about 'from whatever
import somename' (except that you shouldn't import somename if you're
not going to use it).

> Today, I'm noticing a lot of commits with the change note "Normalize
> imports" that change all imports to "from <module> import whatever",
> like this one:
>

> https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.security/commit/115691fce9c80a340f271410eec2964c92fbace4
>
> Do we still have an agreed-upon style guide, or are we moving to a
> last-touched-by approach?

PEP-8 exceptWithCamelCaseMethodsBecauseHistory, I thought.

Marius Gedminas
--
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development