On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 01:00:39 PM Tres Seaver wrote:
> > * ZODB 4.0.0 (I am currently using an sdist of the py3 branch.)
>
> AFAIK, the remaining test failures on Py33 are largely spurious (doctest
> repr issues, or else are pending the fork to use 'zodbpickle'.

So the state here is:

- We need to include zodbpickle in order to make pickle loading backward-
compatible with Python 2. Without this you cannot take you Python 2 ZODB and
open it in Python 3. (zodbpickle's docs provide details.)

- Make "noload()" work in zodbpickle. I ported the code from cPickle, but it
does not work. This prohibits GC without the ability to load the objects.
"noload()" also needs a Python implementation and tests. I only know that
"noload()" is not working because of a failure in the ZODB tests.

- Python 2 and 3 pickles have different sizes due to some added padding and
some other reasons Marius has reported. Using zodbpickle will not fix that,
since it is a fork of _pickle.c from Python 3.3. We simply should fix the tests
to live with that fact.

That's pretty much it.

Regards,
Stephan