> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:20:09 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Brecht Samyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Zope-PAS] Re: auto add users
> To: zope-pas@zope.org
>
> Zachery Bir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> On Mar 17, 2006, at 5:26 AM, Brecht Samyn wrote:
>>
>>> What is the best place (plugintype) to register a new user
>>> automaticaly when he
>>> is authenticated?
>>>
>>> I wrote an extraction, an authentication and a group plugin for our
>>> Shibboleth
>>> environment. A user is valid if a Shibboleth attribute with a valid
>>> userid is
>>> present in the request. Now I want a Shibboleth authenticated user
>>> to be
>>> registered via the portal_registration tool automatically.
>>>
>>> When I put the code in the authentication plugin, I get a
>>> permission denied
>>> error because only authenticated users have "Add Portal Member"
>>> permission (and
>>> I want to keep it that way).
>>>
>>> Any suggestion of what the best place is to put the code?
>> Two things I can think of:
>>
>>    - a dynamic group manager that can assign authenticated users to
>> the authenticated group
>>
>>    - a ZODB Role Manager that assigns some role with the 'Add Portal
>> Member' permission to the authenticated group
>>
>> Zac
>
> Zac,
>
> Thanks for you answer. But perhaps I was not clear enough in describing what I
> want to do.
>
> I'm not looking for a way to assign a role to a user. I want to register the
> user in one of the plugins (the same way the 'auto add user' property of the
> "RemoteUserFolder" product worked).
>
> Something like this:
> - someone logs in for the first time
> - some PAS plugins (extraction, authentication, ...) were executed
> - one of these plugins calls portal_registration.addMember(userid,...)
> - now the new user had a memberfolder and can change his own preferences
>
> But it's not clear to me which kind of plugin I should use. I tried to put the
> code in the authentiation plugin, but I can't do addMember in this plugin
> because I'm in the process of being authenticated.
>
> Brecht

Hello,
maybe I am mistaken, but if understand you correctly, the user is
somehow already existing (after all he is able to authenticate himself
by some means (LDAP, PAM, whatever)). If that is not sufficient for
(Plone)PAS to have your Member folder beeing created on first Plone site
login, there will be a (conceptual or functional) bug in Plone.

Only my 2 cents...

Regards,
Sven Deichmann

- --
  Information nimmt Gestalt an... - <http://www.werkbank.com>
Werkbank Multimedia GmbH * Bergstrasse 152 * 44791 Bochum * GER
Fon: +49(0)234/ 935386-03  * Fax: 935386-06 * [EMAIL PROTECTED]